We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, in order to reflect changes made to our shop practices or to comply with the latest privacy regulations. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data Do We Collect?
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address.
- Your contact information and email address.
- Other information such as interests and preferences.
- Data profile regarding your online behaviour on our website.
Why Do We Collect Your Data?
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- In order to fulfil orders.
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To customize our website according to your online behaviour and personal preferences.
- To screen against risk or potential fraud.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Bloomsbury Nook is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. Bloomsbury Nook has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via the email address below and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
Bloomsbury Nook will not lease, sell or distribute your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your permission.
We might share your personal information with third parties such as third party payment processors and postal services in order to fulfil orders, calculate shipping costs, and receive payment.
If you are an EU citizen, you have the right to access the personal information we hold on you, and ask for it to be updated, amended, or deleted. If you wish to discuss this with us, contact us on the email address below.
When an order is placed through the site, we retain your order information as a record unless or until you ask us to delete it.
If you have any concerns about privacy, would like us to delete or amend your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .